Building Inspection

Beginning March 1, 2022 homeowners will not be allowed to obtain electrical permits - only Massachusetts licensed electricians can receive electrical permits

**Note Please do not email inspection requests. Call our office or sign in through your account to schedule inspections.

On Line Permitting

The City of Attleboro now has electronic permitting

  • Contractors or Homeowners must apply online
  • To prevent delays in receiving permits please ensure applications are complete
  • Applicants can pay for permits online (a small convenience fee applies)
  • Archived electronic permit info link


Link for new and existing online permitting (NOTE: Fence permits CANNOT BE APPLIED FOR ONLINE SEE DOCUMENTS BELOW FOR FENCE PACKET)


 (Please print out application and W/C Form and hand into Building Department)

Construction Control Documents

CONSTRUCTION CONTROL: For buildings greater than 35,000 cubic ft. of enclosed space A registered design professional (RDP) - engineer or architect - must control the construction of larger buildings. A construction supervisor license is not required for larger projects since the RDP is considered the licensed person for the project.

Inital Construction Control Document (PDF)

Final Construction Control Document (PDF)