- Departments N - Z
- Recycling & Rubbish
- Recycle & Rubbish Information
Recycle & Rubbish Information
Please follow these guidelines to ensure your proper trash and recycling collection:
- All trash must be contained in the 35-gallon cart issued by the city to be collected. Only city trash bags left outside the cart will be collected. Bag all trash to prevent litter.
- No construction materials from renovation projects will be collected.
- On windy days, trash and litter are sometimes blown away from your cart. If you see litter on your street, please collect and dispose of it properly.
- Please separate your recycle cart from your trash cart by 3 feet so it can be easily collected.
- Recyclable materials are collected every week on your regular collection day. Do not place recyclable materials in your trash bin. Do not place trash materials in your recycling cart.
- Trash and recycle carts must be placed at the edge of the roadway with wheels facing away from the street. Do not place your cart within 3 feet of any obstruction (trees, mailboxes, etc.)
- Trash and Recycling carts must be curbside by 7 a.m. on your designated collection day. If you require a second recycling cart, the cost is $75.00. Contact the Health Department. Call 508-223-2222 Ext. 3245 or 3253.
Stores that sell the Attleboro city trash bag:
- Seabra Supermarket, 217 South Main St
- CVS, 366 Washington St & 191 North Main St
- Market Basket, 1200 Newport Ave
- Shaws, 125 Robert Toner Blvd. (No. Attleboro)
- Walgreens, 196 Pleasant St & 1009 Washington St
- Stop n Shop, 469 Pleasant St & 251 Washington St
- Willow Tree Poultry Farm, 997 So Main St
- Emory Convenience, 40 Emory St
Bulky Items & White Goods
For bulky item collection please call Waste Management at 1-800-972-4545 and schedule your collection. There is a $29.00 charge per item.
For metal and electronic disposal, please call 508-822-1579 for a weekly pickup. Only a television needs a sticker from the Health Department. You may also drop off your metal or electronic items at the Recycling Center, 29 Pond Street North. Hours are Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30pm to 3:30pm and Friday & Saturday from 9am to 1pm. Stickers are required on all televisions for drop off or pickup.