Water & Sewer Permits
The Water Department Office issues water and sewer permits, schedules all appointments for marking water services and mains, wastewater laterals and mains and all inspections.
- $50 for application for back flow prevention device permit plan review
- $50 for application for back flow prevention device removal
- $65 per device for initial inspection and testing
- $300 for a water service or sewer service connection
- $495 for a water main or sewer main extension
- $325 for a industrial sewer service connection
Permit Rules & Regulations
- All permits are good for 60 days.
- There is a 72-hour notice required for marking. Construction sites must be pre-marked. The Water Department will mark the water service from the water main to the curb shutoff. We do not mark on private property
- There is a 24-hour notice required for an inspection. The contractor is required to have a signed copy of the permit in his possession before starting work.
- Demolition of any building requires a letter from the Water Department and Wastewater Department to the Building Inspector. This letter will state if water and sewer have been capped to the building or no water and sewer is supplied to the building.
- The back flow device application has to be approved before device installation or removal; this is to avoid additional cost to the contractor if changes are required in the plumbing.