Please note all gates and hydrants are open right. All service curb stops open left.
Water Mains & Services
- Ductile iron pipe, C-52 150 PSI for all water mains.
- Copper, type K, for all water services. Box to main.
- Polyplastic on private property with department approval
- D.I. piping, push on and mechanical joints. Mega lug for bends 45, 90 degree. This is at the discretion of the department.
- Flared and Compression
- Mueller and Ford Products
- Equal with authorization.
- Curb Stops, corporations, couplings and unions
- Rodded boxes on all new service installations.
- Mueller Centurion A-423
- American Darling B62-B
- Thrust blocks required on all installations.
- Water meters register in cubic feet with 2 wire remote.
- Sizes 5/8 inches - 2 inches discs positive displacement. Compound meters are required for larger mains.
- Mueller and ford or equal with department authorization.
- Butterfly valves
- Resilient seated valves
- Water main installation 5 1/2 feet - 6 feet. minimum water main size 8." All mains have to be looped back to the system.
- Material used in trench, departments discretion.
- Meter pits will not be permitted.
- Main extension permits $495, Water service permits $300, Permits are good for 60 days.
- The Department of Water and Wastewater requires 24 hours notice for a full inspection before back filling.
- A 72 hour notice is required for street marking of water and sewer mains.Please call DigSafe at 811 or 888-DIG-SAFE.
- Contractors must have licenses and permits bond for multiple permits $5000.
- Indemnification and liability insurance:
- A) $1,000,000 Bodily/Injury.
- B) $50,000 Section 16-06.5 of the City Ordinance
- Condition of permit: refer to ordinance 16-12.2 and 16-12.3.