It is the responsibility of the Election Office to comply with all local, state and federal election laws and regulations. Our duties include:
- Appointment and training of Election Day officials at the polls
- Certification of election results
- Certifying candidate nomination papers, and initiative petitions
- Conducting all local, county, state and federal elections in Attleboro
- Conducting the annual city census
- Maintaining and making available voter lists
- Maintenance of voting machines, equipment and supplies
- Printing the annual List of Persons Book
- Providing candidates with campaign and campaign finance information
- Providing various extracts from voter and census information
- Registering voters
- Researching past voter and census information as requested
- Securing polling locations
- Updating information in the state Voter Registration and Information System
State Election - Audit of 3A
November 10th. Located at LaSalette Shrine, Welcome Center, 947 Park Street
Hours 8:00am till finished.
Observers are required to register by notifying the Elections Office by calling 508-223-2222 Ext. 3271 or emailing Elections@cityofattleboro.us.
A ballot drop box is now available for voters to drop off their vote by mail ballots. It is located by the entrance to City Hall on Pine Street.
New Voting Locations for Ward 3 & 5
Ward 3 - Willett Elementary School, 32 Watson Ave
Ward 5 - Peter Thacher Elementary School, 160 James St
Observers for State Primary and State Elections in 2020 are required to notify the Elections Office if attending pre-processing of ballots.
All vote by mail and early voting in person ballots will be opened and inserted into a tabulator before election day or fed through the tabulators at the polls on election day. These ballots will be kept secured, locked, and unexamined until the polls are closed on Election Day.
NOTICE OF ADVANCED REMOVAL OF EARLY VOTED BALLOTS
In accordance with the Secretary of State Regulations 47.12 and under the provisions of section 7(k) of Chapter 115 of the Acts of 2020, the City of Attleboro will be opening and/or depositing early voted ballots at City Hall, 77 Park Street at the following sessions:
- Sunday, October 25th 8:00 AM
- Monday, October 26th 8:00 AM
- Tuesday, October 27th 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, October 28th 8:00 AM
- Thursday, October 29th 8:00 AM
- Friday, October 30th 8:00 AM
- Saturday, October 31st 8:00 AM
- Sunday, November 1st 8:00 AM
- Monday, November 2nd 8:00 AM
Observers must register by emailing email@example.com in advance of all processing of early voted ballots sessions.
In accordance with the Regulations 47.12 and the provisions of section 7(k) of Chapter 115 of the Acts of 2020, no results shall be determined or announced until after the time the polls close on November 3rd. At that time the results from the advance processed ballots will be added to the election day results and posted in a public place.
NOTICE OF POST-ELECTION TABULATION
Under the Provisions of Section 6 (h) (3) of Chapter 115 of the Acts of 2020. The City of Attleboro will be opening and/or depositing early voted ballots for the Post-Election Tabulation at the following sessions:
Saturday – November 7th 9:00am
Sunday – November 8th 9:00am
Observers must register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of all post - election tabulation of early voted ballot sessions.
|Attleboro list of person book
|Printed city voter list
||$.05 Per Page|
|Voter list on disk or CD
||$0.05 Per Page
|Certification of Attleboro residence