Birth, Marriage & Death Certificates
How to Obtain a Marriage License
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:30AM - 4:30PM
Marriage Licenses are obtained through the City Clerk's Office for
any couple getting married in Massachusetts.
The Fee is $25.00 cash or check and the following criteria must
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be together to apply.
- Both parties must present a valid photo identification.
- Mandatory three (3) day waiting period between the date intentions are filed until the license is issued.
- Marriage license is valid for 60 days from the date of application.
- If divorced - Date of final divorce decree.