Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Couches, mattresses, box springs, toilets and fiberglass sinks can go out with regular trash. Wood and carpeting need to be tied up and bundled no longer than 4 feet long and 50 pounds. You are allowed to put out 1 bulk item each week. Cast iron would go with metal pickup. For metal pick up, call 508-822-1579 to schedule an appointment.
The following items may all be placed in a green tote together:
- Glass (Clear, green, brown bottles and jars only)
- Plastic containers (Rigid containers/bottles such as milk, juice,
water jugs, soda and detergent symbols containing # 1-7)
- Aluminium (Deposit and non-deposit aluminium cans, foil pie plates, aluminium trays)
- Metal cans (Metal 'tin' cans only)
- Paper (Newspaper, magazines, junk mail, catalogs, phone books, office paper)
- Cardboard (Corrugated cardboard, paperboard, cereal boxes etc. egg cartons)
NO PLASTIC BAGS OR STYROFOAM.
Items should be placed loosely in toter not bagged or confined.
Paint products may be dropped off at the Recycling Center during the paint/auto waste drop off events.
The events aare held the first Saturday of the month April through October (except July) from 9am-1pm.
We have a Compost Center that is open to residents participating in the City’s trash program from April to November. We also have curbside collection for yard waste 4 times a year.
Appliances, televisions, computers, scrap metal and all electronics are picked up weekly with an appointment. Please call 508-822-1579 to make an appointment. All televisions require a sticker from the Recycling and Refuse Department. There is a limit of 2 televisions per fiscal year. After 2, there is a $10 fee per television. Stickers are available at
You can buy city trash bags at:
- A & J Seabra
- CVS in Attleboro and South Attleboro
- Rite Aid
- Shaws in North Attleboro
- Stop and Shop in Attleboro and South Attleboro