Small Bulk Amnesty Week
The City offers three "Small Bulk Amnesty Weeks" per year for residential units in the rubbish and recycling program. The current dates are August 28, 2023 through September 1, 2023, January 22, 2024 through January 26, 2024, and May 20, 2024 through May 24, 2024 on your trash day. Appointments can be scheduled by calling Waste Management at 1-800-972-4545 a month in advance and must be scheduled by the Thursday of the preceding week. We highly recommend residents calling early to avoid high call volume which can lead to long wait times.
Prompts for calling Waste Management (800) 972-4545
1. When asked for the reason for call, say "bulk item pickup"
2. When asked if you would like to provide address or customer ID, say "address"
3. When automated customer service asked for the address that was recited, automated customer service will recite address back for confirmation and will thank for providing.
4. Automated customer service then will ask if you also have a customer ID please enter now or say "I don't have." Say "I don't have".
5. Automated customer service then asked if calling for residential or commercial service, say "residential"
6. Automated customer service then will ask if you would like the link to the web site to be sent to you via text (Note: Attleboro customers can place bulk orders online). Say "no". This is for the $29.00 fee for large bulk items.
7. Automated customer service then will place you in queue to speak to an agent.
Four small bulk items are allowed at no cost during these "Small Bulk Amnesty Weeks".
Please see the linked bulk size designations PDF.