Reserving Park Facilities
Permitted Areas of Capron Park
Capron Park offers both residents and non-residents the opportunity to enjoy the park for weddings or any other functions in the various areas of the park. The areas that are available include:
- Hagopian walk and rose garden
- Newell shelter
- Various grassy areas throughout the Park
Permits are required and need to be requested 60 days prior to the event. Prior to filling out an application, please call 774-203-1865 to verify if the date you requested is available.
Please fill out a Park Grounds Permit is you are interested in reserving any areas in Capron Park or the following facilities:
- Colonel Blackinton Park
- Cyril M. Angell Park
- Highland Park (Excluding Cross Country Course)
- Judith H. Robbins Riverfront Park
- Lloyd G. Balfour Riverwalk Park
- Veteran’s Memorial Common
Mark Coogan Cross Country Course at Highland Park
If you are interested in utilizing the Mark Coogan Cross Country Course for practice, a cross country meet, a fundraiser, or any other activity that involves the course, please fill out the specific Mark Coogan XC Course Permit*
- Additional detail rates and fees may apply if park personnel or ATV's will be needed for your event. Please reference the permit for more information.
* Please note Attleboro High School and Bishop Feehan High School will take priority on all permit requests.
Prior to filling out application, please call 774-203-1865 to verify if that the date requested is available.
- You must fill out a Park Grounds Permit for use of Attleboro Parks. If you are interested in using the Mark Coogan Cross Country Course, please fill out the Mark Coogan XC Course Permit
- Please make sure the following information is filled out.
- Name, address and phone number of applicant
- Name of the sponsoring organization of individual
- Event date
- Description of the planned event
- Copy of "Certificate of Non-Profit Status" (Form 501C3) if applicable
- Submission of the application with the payment to department.
- The Park Commission will grant the decisions on all permits applied. If the permit is denied the Park Commission shall provide a clear and sufficient exposition of the reason upon which the denial was based. Park Commission meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
- Events permitted in City parks may require a “Park Employee Detail” during the time of the event.
- The requirement of a “Park Employee Detail” will be determined by the Park Commission or Park Superintendent and conveyed to the applicant before permit approval.
- The Park Commission or Park Superintendent will the determine the amount of park personnel needed as well as the time frame they will be required for.
- Park Employee Details will be a minimum of 4 hours per employee at a rate of $50.00 per hour.
- All Park Employee Detail costs are due a minimum of 30 days in advance. An invoice will be issued to the permit applicant once it is determined that a Park Employee Detail is needed.
- Fees must be made in cash, money order, or certified bank check.
- Once the permit is approved by the Park Commission, Superintendent of Parks and Forestry and Police Department, the approved permit will be mailed to you.